Thursday, April 17, 2008

Success!

I had my procedure Monday and am doing well! The doctor said the stone blasted up very nicely, but my kidney was inflamed (won't go into too much detail) because the stone had been in there for so long... so he had to put in a stent... which will come out in two weeks (again, won't go into too much detail). So far my kidney has not been in pain, and the pain has overall been minor... I have been extremely uncomfortable because of the stent, however... but that shouldn't last too ong. I've spent a lot of time reading in bed... so any good book suggestions!?!

Now... onto happier things....

2 comments:

Shmobby said...

You poor girl! It's tough when "The Mommy" is sick/healing/etc. Hopefully it all continues to heal well and cause you not much pain. Seriously, you guys deserve a break from all the health issues. Wish I was closer to help out!

And books...have you read the Twilight series? Or the Eragon series (the last book isn't out yet but there's two). The Scarlet Pimpernel, John Grisham, The Kite Runner & A Thousand Splendid Suns (both a tad disturbing...set in Afghanistan, but good). I've heard The Life of Bees is good but haven't read it. The Giver and two sequels (Newbury award books and super good). Hopefully these help. And most of all I hope you are feeling fabulous soon Stacey!!!

Anna D. said...

I hope that you are feeling better. We keep asking C.J. how you are doing. His reports are not as well as you could be. Will you call me if you need help??

Anna