Thursday, June 19, 2008

Filling Buckets

This week was busy... and WONDERFUL! We got back from camping on Monday... had a day to recoup on Tuesday... and Wednesday 2 of CJ's aunts came to visit. His Dad's sister, Aunt Shelley, had been planning on coming and staying with us for the night, and that same day his Mom's sister, Aunt Trish, who was in town visiting her daughter and grandchildren, came to visit. They are both elementary school teachers and the kids adore them. Shelley came armed with Pop Rocks, a puzzle, and what seemed to me to be all the patience great nieces and nephews could hope for (I know Ashlyn and Kailey look forward to seeing Shelley because she is almost always willing to play whatever they want her to!)! Trish brought her 2 grandsons (twins) Drake and Dillon... and a wonderful, wonderful story to read... and lots of FUN stories to share. (I know that Ashlyn and Kailey look forward to seeing Trish because there is ALWAYS a story... AND a bear hunt involved).

We had the pool filled up and ready to go... CJ even decided to join in on the fun!



(enough said)

I was hoping, before our time was up, to get a picture with Shelley and the kids, but I forgot! We'll have to get together soon to make up for it!

Aunt Trish read us a book called
"Have You Filled A Bucket Today". It is a wonderful book for anybody who has anything to do with teaching children (parents, teachers, whatever!). Trish is headed to a seminar to learn how to give assemblies on the topic. I am suggesting to everyone to look at this website (click on the title of the book... it is the actual link). We are becoming "bucket fillers" in our home... and Aunt Trish and Aunt Shelley... having you visit filled our buckets to the tippy tippy top... I think some of it even probably overflowed!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

CJ, Stacey and kids, That's the cool thing with "bucket filling". I thought you were filling mine! I love you all and am so grateful you love me. CJ, thanks for spending a little extra time with me and Boyd, Keli and the kids. Stacey, your blog is amazing. You are the BEST! I can hardly wait to visit again (too bad we have to work). I keep forgeting we need to make "everything" in our lives "fun". "It's not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to DANCE in the rain." Thank you for filling my bucket to the BRIM. You have blessed my life. Love you lots, Aunt Trish

Kandis said...

i loved it, my favorite part was when CJ was "SWIMMING" in the pool...in his jeans!!! happy to hear you guys made it camping fun times. i actually have thought about going up there with Mike so tell me more how nice it is. can't wait to be home! love you