Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scrabble

OK, I have an addiction. It started when I was probably about 10. I would go over to my grandparents after school a few times a week and my Grandma would often find the time to play Scrabble with me.
CJ
knows Scrabble makes me happy , so every once in a while when he is feeling abundantly unselfish (it hurts his head physically to sit for any length of time and Scrabble can get long!) he asks me if I want to play Scrabble. I always accept, and most of the time I win (which is another reason why it takes CJ being extremely unselfish to play... even though we have tweaked the rules to favor him a bit). I also like to play ScrabbleBlast online AND I have started playing with Anna and her friend Anna on Wednesdays... that is, I guess, if they aren't going out to lunch or something?!?! So far I think I am about 3-1, but who's keeping track?
Anyway... the reason for this post... Anna has introduced me to 9 tile Scrabble its a faster version of the regular 7 tile Scrabble - so CJ has actually asked me a couple of times in the last few weeks to play with him!! The other night we played... and when you're on... you're on!! Here are my first 3 words... Anna... eat your heart out...
1) highlight (7 letter bonus)
2) clothing (7 letter bonus!)
3) epiphany (7 letter bonus)
I USED THE WORD EPIPHANY playing Scrabble!!!!!!!!

Anna... let Boyd know I am awaiting the challenge... but I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow... that is if you aren't too busy!!

3 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh I know you and your scrabble ways!!! I am very impressed with Epiphany! I don't think I even know how spell that! :)I won't tell ben about your rule changing for CJ! :)

Bruce Family said...

Nice words! I'm glad I don't have to play you! My words would be "here" and "is" and all those short 4 letter or less words! haha You're awesome!! :)

Anna D. said...

uh... where were you? I played the other night thank you very much and kicked everyone's trash! 2 7 letter words.... Grievers & something that's starts with an s... can't remember.. sprinkle or something like that. When ever you wanna play.... bring it!