Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day

Just a warning... this is gonna get kinda sappy here.


Is it obvious how much I love my family?!?! If not I just want to say... I LOVE MY FAMILY!! Sometimes I jump on my little pity wagon and whoa is me because I don't have the things that most of my friends and family have. We have struggled with our health and mostly CJ has struggled with is health.
I wake up on Mother's Day and its just another day. No bells, whistles, or breakfast... not because there isn't a desire to do it for me... but because my husband is, as he is every single day of our lives, unable to wake up because of the excruciating headaches he has to try to overcome each and every morning. Do I know he loves me... ABSOLUTELY!!
Canyon is awake and snuggling with me and I decide its time to get up and get ready for church. Kailey wakes up... then Ashlyn wakes up... "Happy Mothers Day Mom!!!" That's enough for me! But then I see an anxious expression on Kailey's face and know there is something else planned... but ignore it knowing full well she will tell me everything if given the opportunity! We proceed with our morning. Get ready for church, eat breakfast... and on the way out the door I comment that I hope the kitchen fairies will come while we're gone. I hear a muffled "they probably will"... but don't get my hopes up too high, knowing the he might not be able to get out of bed before we get home. Off to church!!
When I turn our corner after church I see that the garage door is up! Kitchen fairies???? We walk in the door and I can see the tips of flowers over the wall. I walk around the corner and there are flowers, a digital picture frame and 3 cards.... and my kitchen fairy trying to hide himself in the pantry (ok, so I probably shouldn't have used the word 'fairy"... you know what I'm talking about, don't you!!). I guess he was going for the whole element of surprise? The gifts were thoughtful, the day was wonderful... even though, at one point... and for some unknown reason, I was frustrated because CJ had to go lay back down. I know the sacrifices he makes for me every day... just in getting up and making a living. Blake set up the Ladderball game CJ got for his birthday and we spent several hours playing that. Then I fixed myself what I wanted for dinner... and the kitchen fairies came. I didn't have to lift a finger.

So aside from the health ailments that we endure we have an abundance of love, and support in our home. I love my family!!!




P.S. Kandis... even though the kitchen fairies came on Mother's day, that doesn't let you off the hook... COME HOME!!

4 comments:

dippyrooroo said...

What a great picture! You look so pretty! I'm so glad you had a great Mother's day! You deserve it!

Shmobby said...

You look awesome Stacey!!! And the fairy...was he dressed anything like the LAST one?!? ;) Love that you had a great day!

Anna D. said...

What a great picture! You are so beautiful! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day... When C.J. and Blake came over to catch the last of the Jazz game I asked C.J. if he was pampering you or if he was Sucking it up...(Boyd didn't really like that question.) He said he thought he was doing pretty good. It sounds like you had a nice day and that he did great! I got to take a 3 hour nap on Mother's Day which was great... probably a little too indulgent, but it was sure nice.

Kandis said...

sounds like your mothers day was great. and i know "I WILL NEVER BE OFF DISH DUTY"! i love doing it for you stacey, not just cause the yummy meals you make me, but... well just because i love my sister! your great, im so blessed to have you in my life. i miss you tons. take care of my little family! kandis