Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Days

Well the first days of school 2008 have come and gone.
Ashlyn is excited to be in the 4th grade

and already has her first recorder. You know... the instrument. Such fun!!! She has been practicing and practicing... and can already almost play 2 songs!!! In fact, this morning she was even singing Hot Cross Buns in the shower!! I think she is going to do really well this year!

Kailey made it through the first day of kindergarten on Monday
.... OK... so I made it through her first day of Kindergarten. It only took the bus an HOUR to make sure the kids were getting off on the right stop (she rides to school with Ashlyn and comes home with other Kindergartners). That was a little nerve wracking! In fact I'm sure I saw a few mini vans leave the neighborhood in search of their precious kindergartners... but they made it home. Kailey wasn't sure she wanted to ride the bus anymore after that long ride, but she has overcome... and yesterday... just 2 days into school... guess who was late for getting to the bus stop!?! Yep... ME!! So poor little Kailey had to walk 2 and a half blocks home by herself!!! UGH!! Although she did announce to me this morning that she was fine and there was no need for me to be at the bus stop anymore! I don't think that's gonna fly!

No comments: