Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just a thought...

A friend of ours posted about a NERF gun her son got for Christmas and it brought back a recent memory that I wanted to be sure to remember, so what better to do than to .... BLOG IT!!!

For Christmas this year Canyon got a NERF gun from Uncle D and Marcy. This was the first year he really realized what the heck was going on... and that there were multiple presents FOR HIM! By the time Derrick and Marcy arrived all of Santa's presents had been opened and he was eagerly awaiting the arrival of "the last one" from Uncle D. Derrick hadn't even fully entered the house when this "conversation" took place
C - "do you have a pesent for me?"(no greeting, just get down to business)
D- "yes, I think so"
C - "where is it"
D - "well, its out in my truck"
C - "well doe det it"
He probably doesn't even remember my brother at this point mind you. In the life of a 3 year old 5 months is a long time... and perhaps there is a memory of Uncle D... but... ????
Anyway... Uncle D finally went out and got the "pesents" and when Canyon opened the guns he wasn't quite sure what they were or what to do with them. The most violence he has been witness to is Kung Fu Panda... and he was hesitant to watch that a second time (he is very devoted now however!!!). Anyway... once he realized he could shoot people he was ALL. FOR. IT! The gun comes with 16 bullets and when all but like 4 were lost (about 15 minutes) he decided to turn the gun on me. I hadn't really been paying attention to what was going on because I am the cook whenever my family gets together. No, no team effort... I am the cook (well there are dishwashers, of course... we all know I don't do that!). He shot me and told me I had to fall down. So, I did, and when I fell I closed my eyes... we all know what guns do... right?? He very quickly and sternly told me "Mommy, don't faw sweep, I want to shoot you!". I stood corrected! I got up... he shot me again and proceeded to tell me that then, at that point, I could "faw sweep". SO innocent! I made sure that nobody corrected him. Juuuust sleeping. Good boy buddy!

3 comments:

River said...

oh man, Canyon what a sweetheart. Oh how wonderful it is to see life through a child's eyes. Brenden also got a NERF gun for Christmas. Only this one has a dartboard. It is on all day LONG. Thankfully he hasn't learned he can shoot people with it.

Alicia said...

Cute. What a sweet boy you have!

Shmobby said...

That is FUNNY! Let's see how long he thinks people are "sleeping" - what a great little guy. Don't you love when they're little and so innocent?

I miss you too!!! Seriously wish we lived closer. Except I don't think we would ever see the boys! We are going to try to come down this summer...and it might just be me and the kids for a reunion. I'll let you know. But we'll be in Spokane a couple of times too I think, so if you are going to be there too let me know!:)
XOXO