Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kailey and Canyon

My little balls of fire! Never a dull moment with these 2!!!
Kailey is LOVING kindergarten! I think she mostly loves the snacks she gets in kindergarten... but she LOVES kindergarten... and she even was the class shining star!
She is doing really really well. She is already reading beyond the level at which she should, and picks things up so quickly!! She amazes me every day! She enjoys watching Ashlyn dance, as we all do, and the other day while having a conversation about whether or not there was something she would like to learn... we went through piano, and karate, then she decided on Yoga!! Yep... my 5 year old wants to do yoga!!! She doesn't really have the patience for yoga (can any 5 year old sit still that long?), and I don't know if she has really ever even seen yoga... but thats what she decided she wants to do. After this conversation she went into my room because I told her she could do my yoga video whenever she wants... and she made it for about 30 seconds. So we'll see what she comes up with next. In the meantime she stays as busy as she can with her Nintendo DS... we have to literally put it where she cant reach it to get it away from her... and besides that she loves building forts downstairs. The playroom is one big giant fort... which is good because that is one of Canyon's favorite things too! Forts and Thomas the train... he is ob-sessed!... and when he can play WITH his trains IN the fort... OH BOY!!! Daddy and I are trying to find something else that will divert his attention, but so far we haven't found anything that he has any desire to connect with... unless its edible... and has sugar in it! He is growing so quickly and by now has a FULL vocabulary! He is already conscious of the letters he mispronounces though.... except when you wish he would... he has a lisp, as most kids do, and corrects himself when he tries to say things like station... they turn into sha-shon... but no lisp! The other day, however, he was playing with Kailey.. .his Q and G's are usually D's.. anyway... Kailey said "QUICK, QUICK" and he repeated her... with D's... didn't realize he was saying that one wrong though!!! Oh the joys! At least we were home alone!

3 comments:

The Pyper Fam said...

Oh my gosh- I can't believe how big they are getting!! And how did they get so dang cute??? :)

Allison said...

I love love love to hear kids talk with speech impediments! my favorite silly question is: was someone trying to play a cruel joke by putting an "s" in the word "lisp"?

Kandis said...

thanks for the updates, your kids are sooooo cute, and guess what i will be there in less then a few hours, life is great if you ask me. im a little blog lazy right now as well i need to update about my winter count days. LIFE IS GOOD. thanks for always being positive with all your CRAP!!! love you